Friday, March 19, 2010

French Vanilla Strawberry and Sunrise Pie

Hey all! Yes, another late entry into our ongoing menu release. Why? I just got strawberries.

Strawberries, you say... not just any strawberries, but local organic greenhouse strawberries!
There aren't many, so I'm making a French Vanilla Strawberry pie. This has just about everything you'd want. Sweet, light, rich and chock full of bursting fresh berries. I love berries more than almost anything else, so it is a delight to work with really good ones.

In other things I love, I love sunshine. We have finally come out of the worst of winter, it's almost behind us, almost all done. As some of you know, I'm a southern gal and can't stand the winter, just makes me want to sleep. But then spring starts to come in, the windows get thrown open and I shake off the doldrums of winter and get into something new.

Hence, Sunrise Pie. This is a playful orange cream with toasted coconut layered on top. This reminds me of bright days, warm breezes, picnics and kite flying. Which are all things I'm looking forward to.

We'll be at the Hope Artist Village in Pawtucket tomorrow, that's Saturday, from 11-2. And if you're lucky, and early enough, you'll find some cinnamon rolls and a bit of Cutie Quiche. See you then, and stay tuned, big announcement next week.
~Iris

No comments: