Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Chai and Pear Tango

Cutie Pies, oh my!

Alright, I've always wanted to call you guys my cutie pies, but having done it once I'll never ever do it again. Just got it out of my system. Ok, so hope everyone had a good week and is looking forward to the wonder of official fall. But first....

Thanks to everyone that's sent their kind words and support. It was a tough week for me and my family, but your thoughts did follow me down south. And your flowers, too!! Thank you to VJ for sending a lovely bouquet to the service, that really was above and beyond. I'm grateful to all y'all.

Which is why, when I came back to some surprisingly chilly weather, I thought to give y'all something to warm the night chills out of your bones. The pie of the week this week is perfect for fall. It's called Erin's Sweet Chai Pie, named after a beautiful redheaded friend of mine who happens to love chai and gave me the idea.

This spicy, sweet little thing is as close as you can get to a pumpkin pie without cracking a squash. Also very surprising, the last thing you'd expect is a creamy, sweet, spicy pie made from tea. And yes, it is defiantly made from tea. Something you have to experience to believe.

To order the pie of the week for home delivery just give a shout by email or phone before noon on Thursday, and it'll magically appear. As with most pies, this one is $20 and that's COD.

Not to disappoint those wishing to hold on to summer, I've got a lil' somethin' somthin' for y'all, too. Pears are still lovely right now, and we haven't had any pear pies this year, such a shame, so I've brought y'all White Chocolate Pear Glaze. Yes, I know, not a very exciting name, but I'm working on it.

This one is a subtle pear glazed over with a honey and clove glaze then laced with white chocolate. Very soft, sweet, almost a tender embrace for your tongue. Maria, one of my very best friends in Providence, hates pears with a passion, and yet sat with this one and gobbled it up. Says it must be right on to me. This pie will only be at the markets this week.

The Chai pie can be done gluten free, sugar free and vegan. The White Chocolate Pear Glaze can be done gluten free, sugar free, but not vegan. If you need any of these contact us via email or phone as soon as you can. Special orders take a little more time, so keep that in mind when ordering.

Speaking of special orders, I love birthday orders. I mean, c'mon, what rocks more than a birthday? Especially when it isn't yours. We got a Cutie first, and I always love our firsts, a young lady named Emma ordered a vegan pie for her birthday, which is very cool. She picked out an Apple Raspberry Crisp, which I made mile high in my excitement. What makes this a first is that this is Emma's first year as a vegan, and it's our first vegan birthday pie. Yea on us all, everyone wins and I so love that.

And finally, this Thursday we're going to be at Food for Thought, an excellent benefit run by the Genesis Center which works very hard to feed the hungry. As far as I see it, you get to eat great food and people who really need food get to eat great food, too. Yea! We all win! I love that.

Not only do you get to see Cutie Pies there, but some of my absolutely most favorite restaurants in Rhode Island, like CAV, Apsara , of course the Blue Elephant, my good friends at Sin, El CentroAmericano, Sunrise Land Shrimp (yes, the bug guy!) Trinity Brewhouse and Aspire just to name a very few. C'mon out Thursday night between 5:30 and 9, eat, drink and kick up your heels. You know you want to. For more information take a peek here: http://eyeofprovidence.org/fft/

Alright, that's about it for this week, see you at the Wensday market at Brown and at the Downtown Friday market from 11-2. Have a wonderful week and break out your sweaters!
~Iris

No comments: